Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas gifts and waiting...

We have had a busy, happy, sick ;) holiday season, with much travel, many runny noses, sore throats and fevers...
I am certainly thankful that the boys (though still increasing the price of stock in the Kleenex market) are on the mend.  The day after Christmas, we got an update on one of our boys! So thrilling! The last update from our agency was in June, and I knew not to expect any updates, that they are just an unexpected treat if they happen...so what a treat!  They sent pictures with the update and best of all in the pictures Little Lion is holding a toy we sent back in August!! I don't know if it just arrived or if he got the rest of the package...but it was thrilling to know he had something I picked out for him.  It made him seem closer to see him holding something that not too many months ago, I was holding. What a special blessing from the Lord.
The waiting continues.  I was really hoping that getting our fingerprints early would mean maybe getting our I800A approval in 2012, but no word yet.  I know the holidays do slow things down, but every day when we check the mail and there is no word my heart sinks a little.  They have 90 days to process, and I believe we are at 45 days. I am just not sure if that is 90 business days... that makes it a lot longer! I have seen families get their approvals as quickly as 1 day after fingerprints and often recently as quickly as 1 week after, but that is not our story, so I need to learn to be content.
Despite all the sickness this has been a joyful season of remembering our precious Saviour's birth, and I am grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment