Sunday, June 2, 2013

And we're off!

I apologize to start with. I am posting this from my iPhone so it will have to be short. :) We are at the ATL airport waiting to board our flight to Seoul. The boys are super excited about the planes, the people, the shiny lights and most of all ... The automated trash can.  Ha. Shall we just say hand washing is in their future? Yes, I know what sort of mom lets her kids play with a trash can? Hey, they are happy and staying near me. That is good ;). We started this trip in a Mr Bean Holiday way. For example, Thursday night the littlest was up with a fever and I didn't get him rocked back off to sleep till 5 AM. So I when I was startled await by an early morning phone call, I started up staggered wildly to the phone not even sure what the noise was and managed to knock an oil painting off the wall onto my head, knocking it out of its frame. So there I am standing they with a frame around my shoulders babbling into the phone to the hapless caller "it is a painting! The frame? In the sink oh no stop the painting!" I frantically held into the painting whilst the caller (after a puzzled silence) informed me about a flight. Somehow I made it back to the bed still with the frame and painting and woke up my husband so I could babble incoherently about it again. And them I woke up and we had a good laugh! Unlike the paintings whose ill fate it is to be on the same continent as the laudable Bean, our painting was fine. When I was awake enough, I reframed it :). We started by going to ATL yesterday and had an absolutely lovely evening with my sister Amana and Nirmal. This morning has been fairly uneventful, minus one bonked head when the oldest tried to jump down from his seat at the breakfast table, wrong tickets for my dad, and a very sick little E (please pray for this flight he has a fever and a very sore throat and runny nose--poor baby!) and a few temper tantrums on the security line. Thankfully security did everything they could to help us so it wasn't that bad.
When we went to check in online, we found to our delight that Korean had assigned us all seats together in the bulkhead center. Very kind and thoughtful. I am sure the extra space and double escape aisles will be a blessing with our almost 3 year old and our 19 month old.  Kiki (our nanny) is being a fantastic help and so is my dad though he never misses an opportunity for any corny jokes. ;) I may try to post more later but this phone is a slow way to go. We appreciate your prayers! I don't know if reality has set in for me yet, I've been so busy, but sometimes today I have teared up knowing that finally, finally we are on our way to precious Xiu and Jian.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for so many things for your family. Safety, peace and smooth transitions top the list right now. So excited for you all :-)

    ReplyDelete