Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Thoughts from Guangzhou

My little ones are finally asleep.  We are so grateful to be safely arrived in Guangzhou.  We will be here for 10 days, and it is a relief to be able to settle in a bit.  3 of my 4 little guys are now running pretty good fevers. Sad, but not unexpected.  E was sick when we arrived, and then both Xiu and Jian had their own coughs, and runny noses and what not, so I figured it was just a matter of time before the germ spreading began.  Still, I am praying for the Lord to have mercy on my precious babies.  It is hard to see them sick and trying to comfort them all--- well my lap is stretching.  But still, I have so, so much to be grateful for...I get to hold my babies.
On the way to the care home where little Jian was so loved, I was riding with my husband and the two new little ones with Clay, the director of the home.  I had not been on the internet at all, (very poor internet in the hotel, they were doing construction) and Clay turned around to me and sad, "I want to warn you that the nannys may be sad, because Zoe passed away yesterday--just a few hours ago actually"  My heart broke, the tears poured down my face.  We cried all the way to the home.  Zoe was a precious little girl who grew up with my Jian, and whose family gave everything they had to get her home less than 3 months ago.  I have been following their journey through open heart surgeries with growing agony.  As a doctor, sometimes reading special needs adoption blogs is heart wrenching, because you dread, dread and wince at each complication, and you find yourself heartsick and holding your breath practically.  They prayed and gave her love and home- 200%, no holding back, we prayed, they and her doctors gave everything they had,  but during her last procedure she went to home to the Jesus she loved to sing about. My heart is broken for this family.  Please keep Pastor Carr, Eva and all their kids in your prayers.
So, if it seems to you that our adoption trip sounds rough health-wise, please see how blessed, richly blessed we are!  I get to hear my son's laughter (yes, all four bubble with laughter), I get to watch them chase each other up and down, and pick them up when they come running to me with arms upraised. I get to tell them "No" when they fight, I get to snuggle them when they cry.  I get to give them medicine when their fever is high, and mix up pedialyte to keep them hydrated.  Wow, I am one rich, rich mommy.
And now, since I too am sick :) Daniel has said it is high time for me to get tucked in...please pray for him as he cares for us all.
Blessed,
Anastasia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment